• 1 oz. Odd Society East Van Vodka
• 0.5 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 3 oz. Walter’s Caesar Mix
• 2 dashes Tapatio Hot Sauce
• Pinch ground pepper
• Pinch brown sugar
• 3 oz. Main Street Pilsner
In a 20 oz. pint glass, add ice and all other ingredients, and stir. Garnish with a stick of celery.
• 1.5 oz. Wayward Distilling Honey Rum • 0.5 oz. orgeat syrup • 0.5 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice • half a ripe banana • 3 dashes Angostura Bitters • 4 oz. Strangefellows Guardian White IPA
Put the banana into a cocktail shaker and muddle to a paste. Add everything except the beer, add ice and shake vigorously. Fine strain over fresh ice into a goblet. Top with Strangefellows Beer. Garnish with fresh banana slices.
Get crafty at home with these delicious beer cocktails
We are fortunate to not only have incredible local spirits in B.C., but also an abundance of amazing craft beers. As a cocktail maker, this is another great excuse to start mixing — but before you begin that process, you’re just going to have to make the sacrifice and open a few beers to taste.