As an aspiring newcomer in the cocktail scene, Jason Cheung, born and raised in Vancouver, draws on his extensive training with mentors in some of the industry’s top bars.
His bar style is young and fresh, while still bringing you the traditional cocktails you know and love.
Currently at Boulevard as the assistant bar manager, he hopes to shake up the paradigm of traditional mixology and start a new generation in the industry.
This festively fizzy cocktail was created by Justin Taylor of The Cascade Room.
The Giffard Menthe-Pastille, which is similar to a white crème de menthe, is available at Legacy Liquor and other select private retailers.
• 1 oz (30 mL) cachaça
• 1 oz (30 mL) Giffard Menthe-Pastille
• 2 oz (60 mL) heavy cream
• 1 egg white
• 2 oz (60 mL) soda water or as needed
• ¼ bar spoon (2 mL) crushed candy canes
Summer in a glass
• 2 oz. cachaça
• 2 oz strawberry and black pepper shrub
• 0.5 oz fresh squeezed lime juice