At The Cascade Room, manager and bartender Justin Taylor makes this vibrant version of Pimm’s Cup with added zing from ginger beer rather than traditional sparkling lemonade. You could also use Sprite or ginger ale if you prefer.
• 6 oz Pimm’s No. 1
• 9 oz soda water
• 6 oz Dickie’s ginger beer
• 2.5 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 9 dashes Angostura bitters
• 12 mint leaves, gently slapped
• 12 cucumber slices, ¼-inch thick
• 6 apple slices, ¼-inch thick
• 6 orange slices, ¼-inch thick
Combine all ingredients in a 60-oz. pitcher. Add ice to fill. Stir gently to incorporate. Makes 3 to 4 servings; for a single serving, divide by 3.
—by Justin Taylor