20th Century cocktail. Getty Images photo
The original recipe from 1937 called for Kina Lillet, which is no longer available—Lillet Blanc makes a good substitute in this Art Deco cocktail.
• 1.5 oz gin
• 0.75 oz Lillet Blanc
• 0.5 oz light crème de cacao
• 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
• Garnish: Lemon twist
Spinnakers small batch spirits are distilled in their seaside distillery. Made with 100% BC grown malted grains and water from their on-site artesian well.
308 Catherine Street, Victoria
• Spinnakers Classic Vodka
• Spinnakers London Dry Gin,
• Au Currant Crème de Cassis
• Chocoholic Crème de Cacao
• Cranberry Gin
• Pink Grapefruit Gin
The Coconut Grasshopper at Key Party. Supplied photo
• 1.5 oz coconut cream
• 1 oz crème de menthe
• 1 oz crème de cacao
The Cîroc Me Gently, Cîroc Me Slowly. Fred Fung/Royal Dinette photo
This cocktail from Kaitlyn Stewart, World Class Canada 2017 winner and bar manager of Royal Dinette, is a mouthwatering balance of sweet, citrus and spice.
• 1.5 oz (45 mL) Ciroc Vodka
• 0.5 oz (15 mL) Ancho Reyes chili liqueur
• 0.25 oz (7 mL) crème de cacao (chocolate liqueur)
• 0.5 oz (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 dashes of Bittered Sling Lem-Marrakech bitters
Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well. Fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass. If you like, garnish with a dehydrated lemon wheel. Serves 1.