With a few aromatic tweaks, the Donnelly Group’s Trevor Kallies has updated the classic cocktail created by Walter Chell in 1969. If you prefer it zero proof, he suggests substituting Seedlip non-alcoholic spirit for the vodka.
• 2 oz Absolut vodka OR Seedlip Garden 108
• 1 dash Tabasco hot sauce
• 1 dash Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
• Top with Walter Caesar Mix
• Celery salt rim
• Skewer of Castelvetrano olive, pickled onion and cucumber spear
• 1 lime wedge
• Sprig of rosemary and thyme
Rim a footed beer glass with celery salt. Place all the ingredients (except garnish) in the glass, fill with ice, and stir gently. Garnish with the skewer of olive, onion and cucumber, the lime wedge and sprigs of rosemary and thyme; using a torch, burn the herbs for a smoky aroma. Serves 1.