Recipe by Pourhouse Bar Manager Adam Domet. A re-interpretation of that summer classic, the Margarita, with the licorice-y hint of absinthe.
• 2 oz Altos Blanco Tequila
• 0.5 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
• 1 tsp St. George absinthe
• 2 tsp lime juice
• 0.5 oz Five Alive Cordial (see below)
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice and stir until well chilled. Strain into a well-chilled cocktail glass. Serves 1.
Five Alive Cordial
Note that you will need an electronic scale for this recipe.
• 75 g orange zest (bitter white pith removed)
• 75 g lime zest
• 5 oz orange juice
• 2.5 oz lime juice
• 50 g sugar
• 5 g salt
• 2 cinnamon sticks
Combine all ingredients in a small pot and stir over low heat for 20 minutes. Let cool, then strain into a clean jar or bottle. Label date and refrigerate. Cordial will last 5 days. Makes a little less than 1 cup.