Unique, delicious and very West Coast.
• 1 oz milk liqueur (see recipe below)
• 0.5 oz East Van vodka
• 0.25 oz arancino
• 0.5 oz B.C. mead
• 0.5 oz fresh-pressed orange juice
• 0.5 oz whey
Combine all ingredients into shaker tin. Vigorously shake for 15 seconds. Fine strain over ice into rocks glass. Garnish with orange twist.
Kaitlyn Stewart’s milk liqueur recipe:
• 2 cups of whole milk
• 2 cups of vodka or grappa
• 2 cups of sugar
• 2 oranges (cut into pieces)
• 1 lemon (cut into pieces)
Pour all ingredients into a large jar and cover. Leave for 10 days at room temperature. Stir or shake daily. After 10 days, strain contents. Strain again through a coffee filter. Repeat until the liquid is clear.
—by Kaitlyn Stewart