Available at Brass Fish. I typically have three cocktails that I’ll order when time calls for a cocktail. A Negroni is likely what I am most known for ordering. Number 2 would be a Margarita (rocks, half-salt rim). For the past few years I have led our team in overall Martinis consumed. I can’t get enough of them. The Modern Martini is our flagship Martini on the Brass Fish menu. It’s the type of Martini that will gateway you into drinking more Martinis. You’re welcome. It’s a rare occasion when I don’t have a bottle of this in my home freezer for an after-work libation.
• 1.5 oz gin (preferably Beefeater for the citrus punch)
• 0.25 oz dry vermouth (Dolin if you have it; Martini Dry also works)
• 0.25 oz Tio Pepe fino sherry
• 0.25 oz St-Germain elderflower liqueur
Stir over ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon zest. This cocktail is light, crisp, aromatic and delicious. Serves 1.
You can also make a large batch of this and store it in the freezer, ready to pour as needed. Another highlight is that its ingredients are all so versatile:
• Gin + vermouth = classic Martini.
• Sherry over ice = amazing low-proof sipper.
• St-Germain = great modifier for spritz-style drinks and citrus-forward cocktails.
—by Trevor Kallies
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY:
Donnelly Group, DonnellyGroup.ca