This cocktail created by Naramata Inn bar manager Laura Landrie captures the taste, smell, and warmth of the holidays all in one glass. It’s a festive update on traditional hot buttered rum, with DEVINE Distillery’s Honey Shine Amber, made from B.C. honey, replacing the rum.
• 1 oz Devine Distillery Honey Shine Amber
• 0.5 oz honey syrup (see note below)
• 1 Tbsp Spiced Butter Mix (see recipe below)
• 2 dashes cardamom bitters
• 3 to 4 oz hot water
• Garnish: cinnamon stick
Place the Honey Shine Amber, honey syrup, spiced butter and cardamom bitters in a specialty coffee glass. Top off glass with hot water and stir well until butter is melted. Garnish with a cinnamon stick for continued stirring. Serves 1.
Note: To make honey syrup, mix equal volumes of honey and hot water together until honey has fully dissolved.
Spiced Butter Mix
• 1 stick (0.5 cup) unsalted butter, softened slightly
• 2 Tbsp smoked honey (or regular honey)
• 1 Tbsp cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp ground nutmeg
• 1 tsp ground cloves
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly by hand or in a mixer. Makes about half a cup.