A legendary drinker, Ernest Hemingway was so partial to a daiquiri—served cold, strong and sour—that Cuban bartender Costantino Ribalaigua of Havana’s famed El Floridita created the Papa Doble (also known as the Hemingway Daiquiri) just for him.
• 1 oz. Odd Society East Van Vodka
• 0.5 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 3 oz. Walter’s Caesar Mix
• 2 dashes Tapatio Hot Sauce
• Pinch ground pepper
• Pinch brown sugar
• 3 oz. Main Street Pilsner
In a 20 oz. pint glass, add ice and all other ingredients, and stir. Garnish with a stick of celery.
• 1.5 oz. Wayward Distilling Honey Rum • 0.5 oz. orgeat syrup • 0.5 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice • half a ripe banana • 3 dashes Angostura Bitters • 4 oz. Strangefellows Guardian White IPA
Put the banana into a cocktail shaker and muddle to a paste. Add everything except the beer, add ice and shake vigorously. Fine strain over fresh ice into a goblet. Top with Strangefellows Beer. Garnish with fresh banana slices.