• 2 oz Bacardi Añejo Cuatro rum
• 0.75 oz Martini Bianco vermouth
• 0.25 oz rich apple demerara syrup (see note)
• 2 dashes Scrappy’s Seville Orange Bitters
• 2 to 3 spritzes of salted caraway solution (see note)
Add rum, vermouth, syrup and bitters into a mixing glass. Add ice and stir to dilution. Strain into tulip, snifter or desired glassware. Using an atomizer, spritz with salted caraway solution. Serves 1.
Note: To make the rich apple demerara syrup, bring 1 cup apple juice and 1 cup demerara sugar to a simmer, stirring, until sugar is fully dissolved. Will keep, chilled, for about a week.
Note: To make the salted caraway solution, bring 4 cups water to a boil, then stir in 1 cup salt and remove from heat. Stir in 1 Tbsp caraway seeds. Cool, then transfer into a mason jar and keep chilled until ready to use. Will keep for at least a month.
—by Devin McKeigan of Elisa Steakhouse