And it’s sure to be a knockout
Here at The Alchemist, we love brunch almost as much as we love cocktails. And we know you do, too. So we decided to combine the two, along with live music and a special announcement, in what might just be Vancouver’s best brunch ever.
On January 26, 2020, come join The Alchemist magazine for the Punch Brunch at Botanist Restaurant in the Fairmont Pacific Rim, and you’ll be among the first to get a sneak peek at Vancouver Cocktail Week 2021.
Punch Brunch is part of the DineOut Vancouver Festival, and will feature five of the city’s most talented, award-winning bartenders creating premium drinks paired with executive chef Hector Laguna’s luxurious four-course sit-down brunch.
Under the direction of Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Creative Beverage Director Grant Sceney, the bar stars for this event are:
- Amber Bruce, bar manager of the Keefer Bar (No. 2 on Canada’s 50 Best Bars) and Vancouver Magazine’s bartender of the year 2019;
- Sabrine Dhaliwal, bar manager of Juke Fried Chicken, Rib & Cocktail Bar, and national ambassador for Belvedere Vodka and Hennessy Cognac;
- Katie Ingram, singer, performer and award-winning bar manager at Elisa Steakhouse;
- Sean McGuigan, head bartender at The Lobby Lounge and Raw Bar at Fairmont Pacific Rim, named one of the Best Hotel Bars (The Americas) by Tales of the Cocktail;
- And Jeff Savage, head bartender at Botanist Bar at Fairmont Pacific rim, Diageo World Class Canada 2019 winner, runner-up in the World Class global finals and member of the Botanist’s winning Bols Around the World 2019 team.
The brunch will also feature live music and a silent auction with proceeds benefitting the BC Hospitality Foundation. Featured spirits include: Bacardi Ocho, Belvedere Vodka, Botanist Gin, Bulleit Bourbon and Lot 40 Rye.
Tickets are $125, including tax, gratuity and ticket fees, and are available here.
The Punch Brunch is a Vancouver Cocktail week preview event, presented by The Alchemist in collaboration with DineOut Vancouver.
—by Joanne Sasvari