This easy, patio-ready cocktail comes from the tasting lounge at North Vancouver’s Copperpenny Distilling. The fresh citrus and rosemary accentuate the notes of Egyptian coriander and Moroccan grains of paradise in their Social Project Gin 005.
• 2 oz Copperpenny Social Project Gin 005
• 2 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (strained)
• 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
• 0.5 oz rosemary-infused simple syrup (see note)
• Garnish: Himalayan pink salt rim, dehydrated grapefruit and/or sprig of rosemary
Run a grapefruit wedge around the rim of a rocks glass, then dip it into a saucer of Himalayan pink salt. Fill the glass with ice. Mix in gin, juices and syrup and stir well. Garnish with a slice of dehydrated grapefruit and/or sprig of rosemary. Serves 1.
Note: To make the rosemary simple syrup, mix 1 cup each sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a low boil. Stir until sugar dissolves completely and turn off heat. While cooling, add in 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary. Once cooled, bottle the syrup (including the rosemary) in a mason jar or glass flip-top bottle. Store in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.