With a few aromatic tweaks, the Donnelly Group’s Trevor Kallies has updated the classic cocktail created by Walter Chell in 1969. If you prefer it zero proof, he suggests substituting Seedlip non-alcoholic spirit for the vodka.
• 2 oz Absolut vodka OR Seedlip Garden 108 • 1 dash Tabasco hot sauce • 1 dash Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce • Top with Walter Caesar Mix
Garnish: • Celery salt rim • Skewer of Castelvetrano olive, pickled onion and cucumber spear • 1 lime wedge • Sprig of rosemary and thyme
Creating cocktails is a team effort at Timber, with all the bartenders and servers contributing their ideas. Most recently, they’ve been working on summer cocktails—including this one that restaurant manager Jonathan Dennis calls “a mix between a mojito and a bourbon peach lemonade.”
• 2 oz chili-infused Okanagan Spirits BRBN (see note)
• 1 oz peach and mint purée
• 1 oz mint syrup (see note)
• 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lime juice • 1 oz simple syrup (see note) • 1.5 oz dark rum (such as Barbados’ own Mount Gay Eclipse, or older) • 2 oz water • 1 dash Angostura bitters • Freshly grated nutmeg