This recipe by Well Seasoned owner Angie Quaale is a tasty, low-carb vegan treat.
• 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut cream
• 0.5 can (about 6.75 oz) coconut milk
• 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
• 0.5 cup Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener or coconut sugar
• 1 Tbsp espresso powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 cup Irish whiskey (or to taste)
In this updated classic, Homer Street Café lead bartender Rob Scope uses Lot 40 rye whisky for its bold flavours of spice and oak. The light, dry notes of Manzanilla sherry complement the rye, Grand Marnier adds a touch of orange and Angostura marries all the flavours together.
Adapted from Hugo Ensslin’s Recipes for Mixed Drinks, 1916 edition. Ensslin was the head bartender at the Hotel Wallick in New York City’s Times Square, and gained fame from publishing the first version of the Aviation cocktail.