This recipe by Well Seasoned owner Angie Quaale is a tasty, low-carb vegan treat.
• 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut cream
• 0.5 can (about 6.75 oz) coconut milk
• 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
• 0.5 cup Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener or coconut sugar
• 1 Tbsp espresso powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 cup Irish whiskey (or to taste)
In a medium or large pot over medium heat, whisk together the coconut cream, coconut milk and almond milk. Next, whisk in the sweetener and espresso powder. Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it cooks down and thickens slightly.
Remove from heat, add a pinch of salt and finally the whiskey. Allow the mixture to cool and add more whiskey if you want it stronger. Transfer to a sealed jar and store in the refrigerator; chilled, it will keep for up to a week. Delicious served over ice or with coffee. Shake before using. Makes about 3 cups.